Sunday, February 7, 2010

Slug Bug Queen - Even In Our Dreams


Ash remains undefeated when it comes to spotting slug bugs. Raeg and I swear she has built in slug bug radar that we lack. She even finds em in the dark. (you can tell a slug bug by the shape of their headlights, ya know. ha) It's funny because the car game that once annoyed me, now has me missing Ash when I see a VW and she's not there to slug. For Ash, this new found game she picked up while riding to school with our neighbors, is a sport.
The other night on the way home from the book store, Ash was slugging away. She was one up on me by the time we arrived home. The next morning I went into their room to make sure they were awake for school and ended up crawling into bed with Ash. Her fluffy comforter looked so inviting and technically we had another five minutes to sleep. The three of us closed our eyes and I thought it would be clever to 'dream' seeing a slug bug. (which would catch me up to ash) Raeg laughed after I slugged ash and said, "you're on the road in your dream.. funny". (we were still 1/2 asleep) Ash, with her eyes closed, quickly began slugging me numerous times while calling out colors. I said, "wait a minute. You can't be seeing that many at one time." .. to which she responded, "ummm hmmm. I'm at a slug bug car show". he he.